about seven spoons about seven spoons

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

red
The important parts ...

Why hello. It's nice to meet you. My name is Tara, I live in southern Ontario, Canada, and I am the one behind seven spoons.

I started this site in May 2005 - my, that's a while ago. It was intended as my recipe file, to keep track of things as I built a life with my boyfriend. Here is the beginning. In the years since, my boyfriend has become my husband, we moved from our first apartment to our first house, welcomed our first son, moved to our second house and welcomed our second son. Through it all seven spoons has become more than just about recipes, but also an account of sorts, a collection of thoughts and family and food.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, thanks for the company.

Want to know more? Find me here:

Flickr
Twitter
• My blogger profile

or contact: tara [at] sevenspoons [dot] net

Places you might have seen me ...

Recommended by MSN's Delish.com, considered one of Gourmet.com's favourite food sites, one of Saveur.com's "Sites We Love", featured on Apartment Therapy's The Kitchn, Readymade Magazine's Blog of the Week (November 5, 2009), BlogHer, Blogs.com, the Grinder on Chow.com, Food for Thought on FoodTV.ca, Slashfood and YumSugar.

In print, I was mentioned in ReadyMade Magazine's February/March 2010 issue, and Parenting Magazine March 2010.

I was am also a regular contributor to UPPERCASE magazine; you can read my work in Issue 2 (summer 2009), Issue 4 (Winter 2010) and upcoming in Issue 5 (Spring 2010).

Answers to often asked questions ...

Regarding photographs, content and copyright: All images and content on this site are my own work, unless noted. If you are interested in reproducing the work, please do so with appropriate attribution.

Regarding recipes: A (usually) up-to-date index of recipes featured on the site is here.

Regarding product and book reviews: While I will now and again link to products and buisnesses I like, it is not often that I review products per se. If you represent a product you think I might be interested in trying, please email me. I do review cookbooks, choosing those that appeal to the way I cook and they way we eat.

I do not offer paid reviews, for books or products, nor do I allow for editorial input or content from outside parties. All opinions are my honest thoughts.

Regarding advertising: I do not sell advertising space on seven spoons. If you would like, you can contact me nonetheless and I will file your information in case this policy changes. Thank you so much for your interest.

Regarding link exchanges: The list that appears on the left of this page is a reflection of the sites I frequent most often and are not the result of trade. If you have a site, please feel free to introduce yourself! It's always nice to discover new reads.